Today the Governor announced additional openings that will impact movie theaters, museums, wedding venues, auctions, and swimming pools effective at 5 am on Friday, May 22, 2020. The governor sited that the additional business reopening were made possible with expanded testing capabilities, contact tracing and expanded safety protocols.
The Governor encouraged vulnerable Iowans, including those with preexisting medical conditions and those older than 65, to continue to limit their activities outside of their home. She encouraged all Iowans to limit their in-person interactions with vulnerable Iowans to exercise particular care and caution.
- Capacity limited to 50% of its normal operating capacity.
- Social distancing must ensure at least six feet of physical distance between groups or individuals
- Self-service is prohibited
- Other social distancing, hygiene and public health measure must be adhered to.
Museums, Aquariums, and Zoos:
- Establish reasonable measures under the circumstances of each establishment to ensure social distancing of employees and patrons
- Establish increase hygiene practices and other public health measures to reduce the risk of transmission
- May reopen to lap swim and lessons
- Must establish social distancing practices for employees and patrons
- Must establish increased hygiene practices and other public health measures to reduce the risk of transmission
- All swimming poos, space, wading pools, water slides, wave pools, spray pads and bath houses must remain closed except for lap swim and lessons
- Must adhere to all requirements of a restaurant
- May consist of more than 10 participants if compliant with social distancing guidance
- No more than 25 people present in person
- May have more than 25 people is the auction is outside and social distancing is adhered to
Bars and other alcohol-related establishments may reopen for indoor or outdoor seating next Thursday, May 28. These establishments will follow the same public health measures that restaurants have been implementing for the past several weeks.
Summer school activities will also resume starting June 1, 2020. School activities and learning must be consistent with guidance from the Iowa Department of Education, the Iowa High School Athletic Association, and the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union. Any school sponsored activity including recreational, leisure, sports gatherings and events must follow social distancing guidance in order to have more than 10 participants.
Reference the full proclamation for a complete list.