Recovery Resources for Businesses
Face Coverings Signage for your Business
Iowa City Mayor Bruce Teague issued an order on Tuesday, July 21, 2020, that states a face covering that covers the nose and mouth must be worn in all public spaces.
UIHC Resources for Businesses
IEDA Shop Iowa
The Iowa Economic Development Authority has a new e-commerce platform, Shop Iowa, that gives retailers, particularly those that didn’t previously have an online presence, a place to showcase their products and businesses.
Mask of Wellness
‘Mask of Wellness’ is a positive approach to opening society in a manner that promotes social, physical, and economic wellness” The ‘Mask of Wellness’ self-certification is provided to any COVID-Conscious business.
COVID-19 Recovery FAQ
Have questions about legal issues regarding reopening, testing and screening, or employee and customer safety? We’ve got answers to common questions on our COVID-19 Recovery FAQ page.
Mental Health is Workforce Health
Mental Health is Workforce Health. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the combination of increased anxiety coupled with the increased expectations of their employment has created the perfect storm for an over 59% increase in anxiety levels among Americans. Mental and behavioral health is just as important to maintain, if not more, than one’s own physical health. Together, we can provide the necessary resources and support to our employees to ensure their health is protected in this unprecedented time.
Cleaning and Disinfecting your Workplace
After accessing whether or not it’s safe to reopen your business, you should consider how to sanitize your workplace to limit the spread of germs to your employees and customers. Although not required by the CDC, it’s a good idea to have your plan written down and shared with employees and customers.
Communicating with your Team About Returning to Work
Suggestions for Safely Reopening Your Business
Making the Most of SBA Funding
Healthcare Workers and Mental Health During COVID-19
Resources to Help You Plan
- Johnson County Public Health
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Iowa Economic Development Authority
- SHRM COVID -19 Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce
- McKinsey & Company
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- White House
- Iowa OSHA
- Iowa Restaurant Association
- National Retail Federation
- Cushman & Wakefield Checklist
- Cushman & Wakefield Day One
- AIHA Back to Work Safely
Hand Sanitizer / Masks / Gloves
- Ecocare Supply: Hand sanitizer cartridges that fit into wall mounted or stand mounted auto or manual dispensers. Masks, gloves, register shields, etc.
- Cedar Ridge Winery: Hand sanitizer
- Baker Paper & Supply: Hand sanitizer, face masks (reusable and disposable), non-contact thermometers
- Underground Printing: Face masks
- Protostudios: Face Shields; 10 unit minimum order. Orders less than 10 are available for local pickup, email email@example.com
Here are a few local resources for professional commercial cleaners in the Iowa City Area:
- ServPro of Iowa City/Coralville
615 Hwy 1 W, Iowa City
- EHC Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
225 Center Point Rd, Hiawatha
- Big Deep Clean Services
COVID-19 Related News & Events
The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) today announced Shop Iowa, a new e-commerce...
Mayor Bruce Teague has issued an order that, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, every person in...
Project Better Together has partnered with the Community Foundation of Johnson County to assist in...
Iowa Workforce Development has partnered with Coursera to offer free online learning opportunities...